Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sex Appeal Case Study


If sex appeal is used properly I do believe that it does have a redeeming value to it. The use of sex in ads if done properly make you think that if you get what they are selling you will get that hot woman along with it or that they will come flocking to you. This never happens of course but it's the idea that sells you on the product. However if you're trying to sell me something completely unrelated to sex, then chances are the ad would fail with me. For example if I was shown an ad depicting a women with little to no cloths on trying to sell me diapers id be like what does that have to do with having a kid. It's not like when you have a kid you get to go sleeping with beautiful women. An example of where an ad had sex appeal in it and it worked on me is shown in the link below. Almost every time I go to the bar and order a beer I remember this ad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtS2PGXPUTs


I think the major thing ad companies need to keep in mind when creating these ads is that they are selling the idea of sex. Now they can do this without having to show a woman or man completely naked. just the thought of a woman or man naked would get the job done. They also need to keep in mind that children are most likely going to see these ads so in my opinion I don't think they should show anything past what a child could see on the beach. I think that if they kept this thought in mind they would be fine. Also to stay objective whether you show too much or too little skin there is always going to be someone offended.

In my opinion I feel that if an ad company can find what makes people tick and then can use that to sell their product then by all means use it to their advantage. I don't think ad companies should feel sorry what so ever if you are dumb enough to by a product thinking you're going to become more popular or get more women in your life just because you use this hot new item. People need to be more intelligent and remember that the product is just the product, the commercial is just the commercial. The ad is just there to trigger something inside of you. If I see something on the internet that peaks my interest I'm not going into the purchase of the product with a false belief that I'm going to benefit from the product in any other way then what the products use is. Below is an example of a new ad for bras. When I see it I'm like cool sexy new braw, not I'm going get this and a hot woman will fall into my life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment